Your shopping cart is empty!
Morgan Burnett (#42)
- Enjoyed his first full season as a pro in 2011, joining NT B.J. Raji as the only two Green Bay defensive players to start all 16 games during the regular season.
- Was one of only two players on the team (CB Charles Woodson) to record a sack, an interception, a fumble recovery and a forced fumble in 2011.
- In 2010, joined Nick Collins in becoming only the second Packers rookie to open the season as a starter at safety since Chuck Cecil in 1988.
- Started the first four games of his rookie season at SS before sustaining a season-ending knee injury vs. Detroit in Week 4.
- In just three seasons at Georgia Tech, intercepted 14 passes, two shy of the school’s career record.
- Earned second-team All-America and first-team All-ACC honors as a sophomore in 2008, when he picked off seven passes and posted a career-high 93 tackles.
- Packers traded up 15 spots in the third round to select him, the third straight year GM Ted Thompson traded up to select a defensive player (Jeremy Thompson in 2008, Clay Matthews in 2009).
- Ran back four interceptions for TDs over his final two high school seasons.
- Started each of the team’s 16 regular-season games in 2011, the first two at strong safety and the final 14 at free safety in place of an injured Nick Collins (neck), one of only two Green Bay defenders to start all 16 games (NT B.J. Raji).
- Suffered a hand injury in practice in advance of the team’s Week 6 contest vs. St. Louis, but remained in the lineup and played the ensuing six games with a cast on.
- Despite the injury, he continued to fill in the statistics sheet in first full season of action, establishing new career bests with a secondary-high 107 tackles (83 solo), 14 passes defensed, three interceptions, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and a sack.
- Posted three INTs in the season’s first three games, and combined with his one in the first four games of 2010, became the first Packer since S Chuck Cecil in 1988 to have four INTs in his first seven NFL games.
- Started the first four games at SS before his rookie campaign was cut short by a season-ending knee injury (ACL) sustained in Week 4. Became just the second Packers rookie to open the season as a starter at safety since Cecil in 1988, joining Collins (2005).
- Was selected by the Packers in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft with the No. 71 overall pick. Green Bay traded up 15 spots from No. 86 to get him, surrendering that selection plus a fourth-round pick (No. 122 overall) to the Philadelphia Eagles, the third straight year GM Ted Thompson moved up in the draft to select a defensive player.
There are no products to list in this category.