Donald Driver (Packers Alum #80)
CAREER: A consistently productive pro whose name appears throughout the franchise record books, is now is on the verge of perhaps the most prestigious one for a receiver…Enters 2011 with 9,615 receiving yards, needing just 42 to surpass James Lofton (9,656) as Green Bay’s all-time leader in the category…Climbed past Don Hutson (7,991) and Sterling Sharpe (8,134) into second place in 2009 with his sixth straight 1,000-yard season and seventh overall, extending two franchise marks…Also assumed the top spot in team history for receptions ahead of Sharpe (595) with a 70-catch season in 2009, and enters the 2011 campaign with 698 career receptions…With two more catches, will become the 33rd player in NFL history to hit the 700-reception mark for his career…Despite battling a quad injury in 2010, finished second on the team with 51 catches and fourth on the squad with 565 receiving yards.
Driver announced his retirement in Februrary 2013 after 14 seasons.
- Ranks first on the franchise’s all-time list for receptions with 698 and ranks second in team history with 9,615 career yards, needing just 42 more yards to surpass James Lofton (9,656).
- Has caught 50 or more passes in a season a franchise-best nine times, topping Lofton and Sterling Sharpe (seven each).
- All-time leader in receptions (333) and receiving yards (4,601) at Lambeau Field.
- Extended two team records in 2009 with his seventh 1,000-yard season and sixth straight. Indianapolis’ Reggie Wayne was the only other player in the league to have a 1,000-yard season each of those six years (2004-09).
- One of the NFL’s most decorated collegiate track athletes (high jump, decathlon, long jump, triple jump), won his conference’s Athlete of the Year award three straight years. Likely could have qualified for 2000 Sydney Olympics in high jump had he concentrated on track.
- Overcoming countless obstacles growing up has inspired him to become one of the team’s most involved players in giving back to the community. In 2000, he and his wife created the Donald Driver Foundation (www.donalddriverfoundation.com), which offers assistance to homeless mothers and underprivileged children as well as scholarships to high school students in three states. In addition, has made more than 500 appearances since 1999, from schools to youth football fields to churches, delivering motivational speeches or offering assistance.
There are no products to list in this category.